OCAF Exhibition Opportunities
The exhibit spaces at the Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation (OCAF) are open to local and national artists in all disciplines and mediums including installations for exhibits no shorter than 4 weeks. In special circumstances artists from other nations may be considered but must be sponsored by a regional artist. The artists are invited/selected by a Visual Arts Committee with final approval by the Visual Arts Chair and OCAF Executive Director. Outside curatorial proposals are considered.
The 1902 OCAF Art Center includes two Gallery Exhibit spaces, Main Gallery and Members' Gallery, where the Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation hosts 6-10 exhibits annually on a rotating schedule. The work must be available for exhibit at least four weeks. The Main Gallery, a converted school auditorium, provides 2,000 sq ft of unobstructed level floor space. The Members' Gallery, a converted classroom, provides a more intimate space with 700+ sq. ft of floor space. Both gallery spaces feature 10' h. windows and 13' ceiling. OCAF reserves the right to limit the size, number and selection of works to provide optimal lighting and viewing the works. Additional moveable white panels (4" x 8' x 5") and assorted white pedestals are available for use in either space.
The Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation carries a $50,000 liability insurance policy which includes contents of the building and works on site. Artists who require additional insurance must provide it themselves unless other arrangements are made with the Executive Director with approval by the OCAF Board of Directors prior to final acceptance.
The artists are invited/selected by a Anonymous Visual Arts Committee with final approval by the Visual Arts Chair and OCAF Executive Director. The artist, or artists have the right to appeal the decisions, but the ultimate vote lies with the Visual Arts Coordinator and Executive Director. As a non-profit local art organization we ask that the artists be mindful of the family oriented audience of our community. Outside curatorial proposals will be considered.
All works sold during the exhibit must remain up through the end of the exhibit dates. The sale price on all works in the gallery to include a 35% commission to OCAF. All sales are final and sales tax will be collected at the time of the sale. A single payment to include all sold work minus the commission will be made to the artist (via pickup or mail) no later than 10 business days after close of the exhibit.
Additional Sales Material
Prints/ Books that may be available for purchase must have prior approval by OCAF.
("Prints are available for purchase" should be on the title block.) OCAF will receive 35% commission on all additional art related materials sold. OCAF will provide sales staff.
OCAF will do its utmost to promote the exhibits via artist's reception, postcard invitation and e-mail announcement, OCAF web site, newspaper articles etc.
For an exhibit opportunity consideration at OCAF, please submit a request to include a CV(bio), a CD to include at least 10 images, an artist statement on the proposed exhibit and any supplementary biographical information to:
1902 OCAF Center
Due to the nature of our non-profit business, please make all gallery submissions via mail or by dropping them off with the office staff during business hours, Tues thru Sat 10 AM to 4 PM.
Exhibition Agreed Responsibility
1. Prepare, print and mail a full color postcard to serve as an announcement/ invitation
2. Provide a press release to the local media & packet with images and bio and artist statement
3. Provide & install vinyl letters for the didactic panel with title and artist's name and medium
4. Hang the work upon the receipt of work and prep to return ship if not sold
5. Provide and install title blocks for each work to include title and medium
6. Provide a hand-out price list for the art patron
7. Provide a reception with light refreshments
8. Provide the artist the particulars on the art patrons who purchased works
9. Collect & pay sales tax on all gallery sales.
Proposals: Provide OCAF with a Proposal which includes:
1) Title of the exhibit
2) Artist's Statement & Artist Bio (for all artists if it's a group show)
3) A list of pricing for current work
4) At least 10 images representing the artist current work, 5 for group shows, on a CD or Zip Drive
Please provide proposal at least 12 months from desired time of exhibit.
If Proposal Is Approved
1. 30 Days prior to Exhibit: Provide OCAF with digital images 1MB or larger for all work included in the exhibit. Each images must be labeled with the artists name, title, size, medium and price (to be used for marketing purposes)
2. 30 Days prior to Exhibit: A list (excel preferably) should be submitted along with the images which includes artists name, title, size, medium and price - Be sure the prices submitted include the 35% commission to OCAF.
3. Insurance - 30 Days prior to Exhibit: The Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation carries a $50,000 liability insurance policy which includes contents of the building and works on site. Artists who require additional insurance must provide it themselves unless other arrangements are made with the Executive Director with approval by the OCAF Board of Directors prior to final acceptance.
4. All artwork must be ready for hanging. Paintings should have wire on back, so saw tooth hangers please, all fiber art should have dowel affixed to art or some other means of hanging, anything needing assembly should include exact directions for assembly if the artist cannot arrange to be here for installation.
5. Arrange shipment/delivery of work to OCAF and return prepaid shipment of unsold work
at exhibit's close. There are storage fees for artwork left 10 days after exhibit of $6.00 per day.
6. It is the artist' responsibility for insurance of works during shipment to and from OCAF
Changes to Proposal
Minor changes occurring to the original proposal will be negotiated between OCAF and artist. However, major changes to the original proposal must be made 90 days prior to the exhibition opening date with a whole new proposal. If the proposal does not meet with approval, OCAF reserves the right to cancel the exhibit.